Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Tears, Anger, and Flaming Arrows

Currently, I am on the last leg of a nearly 12 year tour with the Birdies mother. The details of why our marriage failed don't really matter at this point. The healing on the other hand does. 
     Healing. There have been more days then I care to count where I wasn't sure it was possible. Days where I've held my 7 yr old, Chipmunk, tight in my arms as she cried herself to sleep. Days where The Sidekick, 10, was angry with me over situations he couldn't understand and I couldn't fully explain. Days where forked tongues and flaming arrows seemed to rule over grace and mercy. The real trick here is seeing that the tears, the anger, and the flames are in fact vital to the healing and are actually part of the grace and mercy I've so desperately sought in the darkest of days.
    The Cross. There we see the saddest of tears, the most brutal of anger, and the flames seeming to rise higher then ever before. And for what? So His ultimate grace and mercy could bring us all a deeper healing than we could've ever imagined.
     

    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment